Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rhododendron Gardens








As I continue this BLOG, I've figured some things out...but darned if I can go back and edit what's already done. Let's hope I get better at it.

We have been waiting patiently for the rhododendrons to bloom. Hurray! Yesterday, was the day to visit the local gardens. Spectacular doesn't begin to describe it! Click on the photos for a better perspective. They come in so many different colors it is amazing. They really are more like small trees than bushes. We spent a couple of hours walking the trails. There is an RV Park adjacent to the gardens. Space might have been a little tight for us...but to be in that garden would have been incredible every day. Good to know for next time. The wild rhododendrons are not blooming yet and don't look like they will before we leave. If we lived here, I'd have a yard full of them. What a Spring show!! I miss my garden.

So, the frequent rain has been a bit disheartening. The little stream running adjacent to the RV Park has turned into a river. However, the amount of rain that has fallen has made great viewing at the numerous waterfalls around here. We hiked 1mile down to Dukes Creek Falls for a worthwhile show. The falls were booming! We're retired. It doesn't take much to amuse us! Some days we don't even need waterfalls...a bag of boiled peanuts will do just fine.:-)

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous to say the least.....I was ooing and awhing so much Baby had to check it out and he too began similar sounds....that Wild Azalea that is orange was stunning...and the waterfall....also loved your following post which is new since I last checked.....those look like serious bikes...by the way who is that skinny broad on the wooden bridge ? You are looking good !

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMT & AL: You have managed to go to all of my favorite childhood places. Wait until you see
    Hiwassee NC. They circle dance on Sat night at the camp ground. Keep in touch. Waiting for #3
    baby any day and newly weds Chandler & Karin are
    expecting their first. The family grows. Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay now I am officially jealous as I sit here at work and Jim is in Nova Scotia working as well. Retirement sounds better all the time.

    You guys Rock! Sounds like you're having a great time and you both look great. Not much new here in Downeast Maine. Keep blogging, we'll look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, here I am attempt #2 with posting - Great job with Blog. Also like comments from friends. Hi to Bev & Jim R. This gives us some new country to go visit while twiddling our thumbs during winter. Beautiful pics. Your Mex Beach buds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, I am using this blog as a reference for traveling to the mountains. I've been on the GA Chamber of Commerce site and they got nothin' on you! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! We are seriously planning a trip to the mountains this fall. Thanks for the help with our travel plans... you're better than AAA! :) Keep rollin'!
    Miss ya,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Al. looks as though you found just the right retirement gig. I enjoy the blog keep it up.

    Rick

    ReplyDelete